Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Two posts in two days!

This won't be a common occurrence since I probably won't have that much to say, but since I'm just starting out, I figured that I would tell ya what you might expect from me.

As you might have guessed from the title of the blog, I'll probably be writing a lot about food. Living in the Bay Area, I am surrounded by an abundance of great restaurants and have ready access to a wide range of foods from all over the world. While I'm sure that I will tell you about some of my dining experiences at said restaurants, I probably won't be doing any formal reviews and ratings, mostly due to sheer laziness. Of course, I could change my mind tomorrow, but you'll just have to wait and see. I'd put my money on laziness though.

Outside of food, I'll probably talk about some other things that interest me, such as mathematics (since I did spend a better part of a decade studying that subject) and sports. Like most other bloggers, I'll probably also write about random crap too. So basically, I'm just going to write about whatever happens to pique my interest at that moment. It just so happens that food and cooking tend to catch my attention more often than the other stuff.

Anyway, there are a couple of subjects that you won't see me talking much about.

  1. Politics


  2. It's not that I don't care about politics or what happens in the world. It's just that I have zero desire to engage in an online political debate. My particular beliefs don't fall in line with either of our two main political parties, so I'm sure that it would be easy to piss off a lot of people if I were to talk about politics. Just label me as "middle of the road". Or apolitical. Take your pick.

    Maybe apathetic is a better label. Yes, I do vote. No, I don't know who is the mayor of the city that I live in.

  3. Work


  4. I don't plan on spending any time commenting on my employer or talking directly about the work that I do. I'm not really interested in getting dooced as I rather like my job. However, I do work in an interesting area of software design and strategy, so you might see some posts on innovation and design thinking.

Anyway, I've hogged enough of your time for now. Plus, I'm sleepy...

No comments: